Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Soldiers Conundrum

I know I link to Lev Navrozov's articles a little too much, but this one is good not because of the threats that he exposes but the letter from a US soldier he received.

At the end of the column the soldier writes: "I am nothing but a soldier with a gun in my hand and the only difference between me and the unknowing masses is that I see my death moving towards me out of the East in slow motion." In my opinion this guy is a little too pessimistic, but he probably has the right idea.

Even though I disagree with both the soldiers and Mr. Navrozov's opinion that we should not be in Iraq (because while Islamic fascism is not as dangerous as Chinese communism, the Islamic world is used in large part by China to undermine our interest and weaken our strengths), they still both have it right that our leaders don't want us to wake up to the Chinese threat.

However, if we in the West don't wake up to the real threat that China poses to us, and wake up soon, we will either not be able to wake up at all, or we will only be able to wake up when our communist masters allow it.

1 Comments:

Blogger TRex said...

As far as I am concerned, you can just keep right on linking to Mr Navrozov's articals. The only thing I miss is you used to link to a lot more statistical resources also.

I too think the soldiers letters are a little too pessimistic, and would remind all that nano, like the atom can first be studied without relavence to either weapons or friendly technology - simply as a matter of pure science - and that is what the US is doing.

Along this line, my only concern is how many Chinese "students" are we hosting in aprenticeship here? We have already seen, with the technology to build small nuclear warheads, what that can lead to.

11/10/2005 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home