Saturday, December 18, 2004

Trade "liberalization"

One of the comments on a previous posts asked whether I thought "maybe the ills of trade liberalization is not felt in the states because the goods that are imported are mostly cottage industry goods"? If I understand it you believe that I am against free trade. Let me tell you that I am a pro free trade person, it is that I am against free trade with a country that has no intention of ever letting there be free trade. China is for free trade when it comes to its exports, but it is against any free trade when it comes to importing from other countries. Its policy is set up to give preference to domestic companies and to foreign companies that are in partnership with domestic companies. This is not how free trade works. It is supposed to be a two way street and if it is, I truly believe that everyone will benefit from it. However, China has no intentions of anyone benefiting but itself. This is what I have a problem with and not free trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home